The Zare Race Database is a program for studying backgammon races.
ZRD is designed so that you can set up and evaluate positions quickly, and thus compare multiple positions. Individual positions probably won’t come up again, but understanding a class of positions will help you to play better.
There is no “evaluate” button. Every position is evaluated immediately.
ZRD tells you information including the following:
- Wastage: The average number of extra pips needed to bear off all checkers.
- Gammon wastage: The average number of extra pips needed to save the gammon.
- Win % against a pure n-roll position.
- Cubeful equity against a pure n-roll position.
- Top 5 plays with each roll.
Sound interesting? Try ZRD for free.